Friday 6 October 2006

Two Of A Kind


There's a sun sinking in some distant field
I watch the wounds and the scars that it didnt heal.
There's some time left to watch the sky burn
Red and orange, like the devil's sperm.

I hear you calling out from so far away
When I came close, you were left with nothing to say
I dreamt you had left my side
You flew away like the stringless kite.

The time to think what I could've been is done
It's hard to look in the mirror, watch what I've become.

Our lives weren't meant to be easy, darling
I've send my message, the winds will tell it to you...
Worthless is what money is, you should know
You gather all you can, then it's time to let it go.

What made you shine, shine like the moon?
What made you dim, all too soon?
What made you strong? What made you weak?
What made your dreams fall, right on me?

We walked this path, you and I
You made me rise, I helped you smile.
Now as we get swept away in the tides of time,
I dont feel the same, we used to be two of a kind...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats how its gonna be wen we graduate-kabeer