Friday 6 October 2006

Nowhere Town - III



A promise I could keep
Is a promise I never made.
And I'm too early for tomorrow,
And too late for yesterday.

There's a place I've left behind,
A place that shines in the night.
But inside of me, sweet memories,
Of glowing embers and the fading lights.

Though I don't know where I'm going
But my past has a way of knowing
That I've been there before.

And I must be learning
That my baby must be waiting,
For me to come back for more.

There's a heavy heart that beats,
With every passing mile it bleeds.
And I'm left in the wake of the mistakes I've made.
Feel me, touch me, close your eyes
I need some release.

So let me go,
For the time has come
To walk towards
The sinking sun.

The present turns to future,
And the future to past.
Though I feel you close to me,
But that feeling never lasts.

No comments: