Thursday 26 October 2006

The Grudge


This is about the dark side of love and liking someone...or...what I went thru in my previous love life...

I walked into her head tonight,
Nothing you could say can make it right
Remember the faces beset with gloom?
My shades turn to shadows of the moon.

Two bodies lay naked on a yellow field
Naked, they watch their senses reel
Are you my stranger across the room?
Something tells me I spoke too soon...

Sweet revelations and a silent wish
Never easy to lead the life I live.
Smothered with words, filled with lies
Your apple rots to its sweet decline.

They lick the bones clean of all the shame
Never differed, just trying to kill the pain.
The flies of tomorrow were maggots of yesterday
I bleed on a bed of nails, but she makes me wait...

I wrapped our love in a bundle of dead hair
I slit my wrists to stop the pain.
If I knew what you meant to me from before,
I'd get up and do it again.

There's a lie in your throat and I wanna rip it out,
There's a devil in your head and I wanna see him bleed.
Be careful watch you wish for, honey
What you don't know may not set you free.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow I think u beat maynard these lyrics are more complex than his-kabeer