Tuesday 10 October 2006

Dead Letters


I try to sleep with no sleep in my eyes
But i still dream with eyes open wide
I shed a tear for those who don't remain
As time goes by - they all look the same.

I've held you close,
Treated you as my own
Still I feel, this house
Doesnt make a home.

It wouldnt make me jealous,
To hear that he sweetened your nights,
I'm not a lover like that,
And besides, it would still be alright.

What can I do?
Where do I begin?
To justify my thoughts
And the state that I'm in.

People gather around me,
And I hear them say,
Well nothing is going the way it should,
Better get down on your knees and pray.

You wore my shoes, they didnt fit you well
You said you'd rather be light.
I'm not your kind of lover, girl
But it's still alright.

I'm walking out again,
To a place I've been to before.
I could try to say goodbye,
But that's what you're not looking for...

I kiss you softly,
I miss yours - deep and warm.
Your breath, warm upon my neck,
Like a sleepy, golden storm.

I've left my letters by the bed,
They will get to you soon.
You needn't turn on the light,
You can read them by the moon.

It shouldn't be so hard
To leave you there in your dreams.
But the real ones shall begin
When you rise alone, it seems.

This time I'm goin far away
Not waiting to bid you goodbye.
I know I'm not the one you want,
But it's still alright.

1 comment:

Pulkit said...

i'm sorry aazar for not reading ur blog b4, but i really saw no point to it previously, until now. i cudn't read the whole thing, but i've read it till "a walk to remember" i think this is ur best poem until now, mayb because it connects with me more than others, but its really portrayed very well. i love the lines "...Still I feel, this house
Doesnt make a home."
keep writing & keep blogging

my blog is http://blakbox.blogspot.com