Saturday 7 October 2006

Nowhere Town - II


Crossroads seem to come and go
And I hear the folklores of long ago
They turn now and then
And I meet with the hurricanes.

Dead man with his gold
On the side of the road
He won't stay without his dreams
The town still hides many things...

Coming back - now let's go
But I don't know which way's out
So I go slow.

The drink's on the counter
But the bar's empty
Horses run free
Damaging the security

The browning, broken window
Hides many secrets
Feel she's here with me now
I can feel her presence here, somehow...

Coming back to nowhere town
No guitar strings, no sound
No one to give you company
No one's around

Watch me from the rooftops
A shot rings out
I run to find no one there
Just a bull chewing
On a bail of hay.

Let's paint this town red
Because it's all painted gray
It's grown so fray

I lived here once, in nowhere town
Wonder why I left
Then forgot to come around

So I hop in my ride
Trying to rid the memories
Out of my mind

Just don't look back
And leave this town behind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

stay intrigued..
it's beautiful..ain't it?