Sunday 15 October 2006

Man Of The Family



Speak when you’re spoken to
Don’t pretend you’re free
Go where you’re taken to
I’ll tell you what you ought to be.

Cut out that noise, boy
Don’t you know I’ve laid a path for you?
What’s there to accomplish in a world full of masks?
I’m hoping you would learn a trick or two…

Don’t talk back to me son
I’ll shut you up for good
Never forsake whatever I’ve said
And make sure you’ve understood.

Do I make myself clear?
Or should I turn around and push rewind?
Don’t you tell me how it works, junior
I know what goes on in your dirty mind…

You think you’re right and I’m wrong?
You think there’s a place where you belong?
You think you’re the one who wrote this song?
Well I think you’re wrong,
I think you’re all wrong…

1 comment:

~Julia said...

mom's always "screaming" those words to me......
You just putted her "screams" in a poem...
Good one....