Sunday 15 October 2006

I've Seen


I've seen an archer with broken arrows
I've seen a house where no one lived
I’ve seen a girl standing on the edge
And in an ocean, a haunted ship.

I’ve seen a poet with his songs gone bad.
I’ve seen a singer who sold his soul.
I’ve seen a man with a love so true
You couldn’t even weigh it in gold.

I’ve seen a woman with voices in her head
I’ve seen a man who died for peace
I’ve seen a protestor who crossed the line
And lies bound and gagged now, tied to a leash.

I’ve seen a boy uncertain of his future
I’ve seen a man running from his past
I’ve seen a girl say ‘sorry’
When all she had to do, was to come back…

I’ve seen a father whose prayers were answered
I’ve seen a mother who lost it all
I’ve seen a soldier fighting a losing battle
All alone again, he takes the fall.

These are the things that I’ve seen,
Things that I’ve lived for, things that I’ve been
Things that I’ll remember, things that I’ll forget
Why do the hopefuls always end up in regret?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I ve seen a hero rise up from the ashes od his past-kabeer