Friday 6 October 2006

Gone


Need someone to walk with me
Too tired to walk alone.
Sick of lighting candles in the wind,
For soon the light will be gone.
There's a way, far ahead
And I see it stretching on.
I said I'll hold your hand through all of this
But you were already gone.
Whenever you turn around - you say
''For every broken heart, there is a song'',
I try to sing it, and I wish
I knew it all along.
Why does everything good,
End in vain?
Behind every lovely thing,
There's been some kind of pain.
You wrote me a letter,
You wrote it so kind.
You put everything down,
That was on your mind.
I don't even know
Why you should even care,
Then leave me alone,
Standing here.
They say - ''true love is hard to find'',
And your memory lingers on.
You were only one of a kind,
But you're already gone.

No comments: