Friday 13 October 2006

Heart Of Gold


I look in the shadows but ure not there
I chase you in the dark I follow you everywhere
I hide beneath your weight girl and I'll tell you I miss u so
I'll keep our secrets from your followers but please don't go

I can keep waiting, chained to this earth
I am what im after, I haven't had enough
You lie in the grass with your eyes wide open
You dream of a better day and the words not yet spoken...

These lips weren't meant to kiss
These hands weren't meant to hold
Ain't no relief when people say
''You've got a heart of gold...''

I pry my eyes open,
It's jus another damn day
My mornings are slow,
Every night ends the same.

I try to make you smile, give you a reason to live
I fall short of everything, now I got nothing to give.
No one is the same, and people turn away
Wonder why I came her, now I feel like I can stay.

I will hold my ground,
I will take my stand
I feel like I can do anything,
When you hold my hand.

I've done all within my power,
Bought a truth that can't be sold.
Ain't no escape from the lies,
And they say I've a heart of gold.

They call me a hero, but I've lost the fight
I ain't no lover, she says this love ends tonight.
I've lost my time with everything
So I lie on the ground and I start to sing.

I sing this for hope and faith
I sing this for my king
I sing this for the ones who've lost it all
They cannot dance to anything.

I sing this for my love,
I sing this with my soul.
Believe me when I say,
She has a heart of gold.
- Dedicated to ''motu''

1 comment:

~Julia said...

Ah...
No words...
There's no convernation of words that I could say...
But I'll tell you one thing...
It could be better if we could be together...