Tuesday 10 October 2006

Blackout


This city, it aint pretty
I've walked it's streets alone.
I've wandered far and wide
For anything to call my own.

When the night grows darker
The smoke hangs in the air.
That old man still huddles
Near my doorway in despair.

And I've heard the songs
Read the writing on the wall
Now I seem to be falling,
But its a ong way down to nothing at all...

When the lights go down,
I'm no one again.
The stars are looking at me forever
Thinking whether my life could pass as sane.

This city - it ain't pretty
I've got no place to hide
Let me sleep with my followers
Let me wake with someone by my side.

Can I please be oblivious,
To walk in the rain.
Sometimes I want to break away
All the children are insane.

Let me follow the sun,
The path of light.
I've got amazing powers of observation,
But I got no second sight.

Or, let me drown in the rain,
Let me wallow in the mud.
The seasons change too soon,
Never the one who would have enough.

This city - it ain't pretty
Black as my heart, drowned in sorrow.
I'll never leave, I never can
There is no salvation in tomorrow.

This winding road has got me far
To where I once began.
I'll try to wear a mask for you
If you hold my hand.

I know it's not perfect,
The people waste your time.
But this city is all I got now,
This city is mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep u are rite this city aint pretty-kabeer

Anonymous said...

dis work f urs clearly reflects d unendin thoughts dat r runnin within each one of us.it would be interestin to know the answers,d way to salvation and a way to break away from d shackles of dis dark world.gr8 work.---GURNEET KAUR