Wednesday 28 February 2007

Sunrise


You should look at my baby when she cries
So beautiful – heaven in her eyes.
I’ll die to get there, I do and I try
But they put her in a car and they drove her by.

Now I see angels in my dreams,
The future’s never what it seems.
The past is a place I’ve never been,
Down these roads but I remember everything.

I smile and I smile in vain,
To hide my lies and cover the shame.
They say you weren’t an easy friend,
Deep in your heart – I’ll meet again.

You should look at my baby when she cries
You should see my girl with tears in her eyes.
She told me to wait for tomorrow’s surprise,
But they put her in a car and drove her by.

Now I dream of her everyday,
I walk down the roads she used to stay.
Pretty and white, the things she would say,
Well, I’ll wait love – I’ll wait my life away.

I hear your whispers across the hall,
Their twisted voices mean nothing at all.
Lights go down and I’m two feet small,
Never knew gravity till I took the fall.

You should look at my baby when she cries,
I catch the tears from the corner of her eye.
She chooses to pretend, forces a smile,
And becomes a living picture in the frame of self – denial.

Yes I know she isn’t real.
But my friends, I don’t pretend I feel.
I’ll surrender I’m not afraid to kneel,
If you ask me, love is surreal.

Two more minutes, I watched you go
Disappear behind a bend in the road.
I heard you humming songs of long ago
I hope you still sing, just like before.

I saw my baby and the way she cried,
She put her face against the glass, wished to fly.
Crimson hair across her face, her hands were open wide,
When they put her in a car and they drove her by…

No comments: