Sunday 3 December 2006

Walking Tainted


Ayesha and i wrote this...this is by us,for us and about us...read on...

I’ve come so far
From where I once began
Walking down this road ive been on before
And no one showed us to the land


And what land may that be, I ask?
I never wanted to walk this way once more
Everything seems so familiar, yet not the same
But, I feel what I’ve always felt before


Every sky upturned, every raindrop that fell
Every beautiful spectacle that was to be
Seemed like confusion that opened my eyes
What if this land was not meant for me?


What if the feelings I felt, the tears I cried
Were someone else’s flaws?
What would you think if this wasn’t me
Would you remember me at all?

And sometimes, I try to find myself
Inside this path of thorns
Memories and haunted visions
Are what helps me go on…

And when I feel as if I’m blind
When my mind starts to wander
I think back to all that I didn’t do
And my steps begin to falter

But
but i walk, still...
inside this silent riot...
the city streets beneath my feet make it worse
all this noise inside the quiet...

all the shouts and mocking from my heartless past
all the hate without a purpose
aches and crawls beneath my skin
but I will not let them surface


finally i am falling free,
reasons washing down my hands...
careless, running in the rain,
and now i understand...

there are no where's or why's...
no one gives and no one tries...
no one is willing to walk through this land
so i throw open the windows, come and take my hand...

No comments: