Saturday 2 December 2006

Almost Together


Me wrote this and Ishita modified it for her recitation thingy in school...it used to be called almost and now its...oh, just read on...



Almost perfect, still not done
Together forever, still not one
On the same road, you and I
Earth-bound misfits, learning to fly

Almost there, so far away
Losing the old, to a brand new day
Scared of the sun, we watch the rain
Still miss the comfort, in our pain

Almost new, we’re broken toys
This love, this life was not our choice
What is the truth? Everything is a lie
Ashen faced, yet so alive

Almost trusting, scarred with betrayal
Ever optimistic, that this ship will sail
You’ve held my hand; we’ll brave the storm
You picked me up, taught me to move on!

Almost smiling, together we cry
Finding answers to a childlike ‘why’
With each other, we learnt to laugh
Making a present, understanding a past

Almost together, we removed a veil
With unknown words, you wrote my tale
Took me along but remained a guide
Strangers perhaps, but two of a kind

Almost true, dreamt a lie
Your shoulder to rest upon with a sigh
Friends forever, they all say
But don’t know, where the wind will blow you away

Almost right, we don't know what is wrong
Yet everyday, we sing our song
This game of life, it isn’t that real
This connection I seek, won’t it too disappear?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

d part i rote is actually 4 n abt u..i kno i'v sed dis lyk bout a million tyms bt THANX 4 bein dere 4 me..