Tuesday 7 November 2006

From The Distance To Here

I close my eyes and when i open them, all I see is...chaos. The first thing i remember is just chaos...everyone running around here and there...as if all of them have found that perfect place to go and all of them wanna be the first one to reach theirs.

She emerges from the chaos like poetry in motion and grabs my hand...we start to run...away from the chaos, away from the people, away from their voices, away from the screams, away from it all...hand in hand...just the two of us...that wasnt the part of the plan...but i like the route this one's taking...

Then suddenly, the chaos vanishes...the world finds peace again...the ground shakes no more...the dust that was rising from the earth settles down with immense speed...i dont even notice it...but i can smell it like yesterdays in my head.

Then they are calling out my name...and hers too. We shudn't be seen together...''they don't want us to be together''...i get the feeling instilled in my head...it maybe true also...Their voices and warnings for me to come out grow stronger...I can feel them closing in on us with each step they take...as if they knew, but they find this thought sadistically ravishing that we dont want them to think where we are hiding till they finally pounce on us, as they knew all along...

I can't take it anymore...and without even telling her, I start to rise to greet my fate...let them do what they want to with me, I don't care...I can't play this game anymore...I get up and as soon as I take my first step to come out of my hiding, I feel her cold hand tightening around my wrist...''Come here'', she says...we come close, our faces almost touching, our breaths colliding with each other like the winds and the waves in a violent storm...we kiss with our eyes closed and leave the world behind in that one intense moment....I can finally feel her like I wanted to...her heart beating loudly in the warm womb of her chest, almost ready to jump out...I wish I could just freeze this moment...

My eyes open...the world is a blur...the lights are too strong...and there are no magical exits, no secret doors in reality...and that's when I come to realize that it was all just a dream...damn! I guess that's why they call them that...''dreams''...when you wake up, they are gone...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

its me kabeer well looks like theres an escapist in all of us