Monday 9 April 2007

The Last Scene


All my life
Just the last scene.
Roses and curtains
Are all I’ve seen.

The lights go down
I’m no one again.
Break this mould
Shed my skin.

The people, they love it
All they do is cheer.
Like painted faces with painted smiles
That’s not what I want to hear.

Al my life
What have I seen?
You know I’ve failed you, love
When I can’t change a thing.

Sweeping exits hurt the most,
Not your offstage lines.
The roles that are there for you and him,
I wish they were mine.

Well, I’m just a player
In a cast that’s severe.
I’ve got pages filled with ink,
And a scene called ‘nightmare’.

It doesn’t make much sense
All I got to do is fall.
With just a string on my back,
It’s a long way down to nothing at all.

The clocks are ticking,
Time is wasting away.
I know my lines,
But I don’t know how to say.

It’s been hard to come this far,
From where I once began.
And as this darkness surrounds me,
I wish you’d take this hand.

This is my life,
It’s the last scene.
Waiting for the roses now,
Like I’ve always been.

No comments: