Saturday 5 May 2007

Awake


Wake up now make up your mind
It’s been too long and everybody knows
Searching for you down these deep blue skies
It’s not my story and it never was.

Let go of it all for everything’s the same
Like breadcrumbs you’ve left scattered behind.
Here comes the sun but I wish it’d rain
Just like it always is, in my mind.

Falling down your sweet tune of sorrow
Lives are wasted but words are free
It’s yesterday still, but I dream of tomorrow
This is what I am and this is what I’ll always be.

Wake up now make up your mind,
When you’re close to me you’re so hard to recognize.
Still I tell you that nobody knows
It’s not my story, it never was.

You beg for a change in a life of denial
Close my eyes when I can finally see
Here’s my story forever under trial
I’m sorry I can’t be what you want me to be.

No comments: