Monday 3 July 2006

Lucky

Lucky you, they let you slide
Smothered with words, just like before
Devil in your hand, confidence
Sleepwalking still, why go home?

Lucky me, they let me live
Hanging on their sins one more time
Hesistant of all the questions asked
What is yours and what is mine?

I'm at one, though i often stray
Out of the corner of your eye
Devil in your mind, still you pray
To take his hand and walk the line.

Easier to run, short of alibis
Bloody scars under the shining lights
Early to bed, says it again
Stop singing me these lullabies...

Put me to sleep i shall wake
Rise with the sun, begin to shine
Finding reasons looking upto the sky,
I know this is not my time.

Lucky you, you know who i am
Broken mirror, rearranged
Like sand in an hourglass, slide through my hands
Somethings can never be tamed...

No comments: