Tuesday 18 July 2006

The Hope Song



There's a shadow creeping up a dead-end street,
And it seems to know my name.
It calls out to me and tells me almost instinctively,
Everything can be changed.

Sometimes I feel the fear of uncertainity stinging clear,
I hold my secrets with me still.
The world is not as fucked up as it seems to be,
Somethings never change but somethings will.

There's a message in a bottle floating in the waves,
It's a story about a man in an unnamed war.
The world can do with more of such days,
In the end it says - ''Love will save us all...''

It will keep us alive, make us move on,
We are not of this hive, but to it - we still belong.
Down that road which reeks of hope and despair,
We will search, seek and move on, move on...

Now we walk, we have no worries,
No promises to keep or songs to sing,
The past is like an uninviting baritone,
And in our ears, it still rings, it still rings...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

~Julia said...

The past will always catch you up... good one... not one of your best, but good...