Tuesday 4 July 2006

Bombay Diaries - 1

It rained last night...heavy downpour...much to my relief, it was a typical mumbai sorta rain, and by that i mean to say that it wasn't accompanied with loud thunder...otherwise as you know, I wouldn't be able to sleep...but i did, and in the course of that...I had a weird dream...

Like most of my dreams...this one was set in my school...I was walking in one of the corridors on the ground floor but i didn't know where i was headed to or where my feet were taking me...before i knew it I was standing in front of the ground floor water taps and talking to someone about Prachi...most probably I was bitching...when I started to withdraw from the person i was talking to...'cuz I had to leave...I saw Rini standing beside him and he started saying that...''She hasn't changed...but has only grown fatter...''. It was slightly weird...kinda like a ''message''...I dunno...anyway...I laughed at his joke and walked away...

The for some reason i started looking for Ashrit...this was something i usually did in my school too, when I had a free period...i found him having really long hair and smoking a joint... he said...''Thank god, tu mila toh sahi''...then we started looking for Nitin...which was something we usually did in our school when we were together but couldn't find Nitin...when we found him...Ashrit hugged him and I got this feeling that we were walking outta school...smiling and laughing...even though everything had gone black...

This dream, to me, seemed to be very symbolic...of what... I don't know...if i was in Delhi, I'd call up Zehra and ask her to interpret it...

I kinda miss Delhi...even though I haven't been here for very long now...but still I do... there is something about this place that i don't like...something's missing and I can't put my finger on it...

It just stopped raining a few minutes back...the weather's very cool and damp...just like a mother's eyes who's just seen her daughter being wed or being born...the tears are the same but the feeling's different...here too, the weather's the same but the place is different...damn, I miss Delhi...

Arshi Khala's husband (khalu) came yestrday and we (Amon and me) went to Juhu beach with him...it was very cool standing in the sea and the waves hitting you again and again...even though the water's too salty but for a typical delhi-ite...seeing a sea in which you could actually swim is something of a treat...and we treated it just like that...

-31st May, Wednesday(2006)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»