Tuesday 4 July 2006

Bombay Diaries - 2

( 7yrs. since Nana died...R.I.P.)

Went to Juhu again today with khalu (Arshi khala's husband), Amon, Osama (Shammi khala's younger son), Uzair (Shabbi khala's elder son) and Amaan (Arshi khala's older son). Today teh waves wer high, very high infact infact and me and Amon had lots of fun. Then a little while later, the clouds gathered overhead and it started raining really hard. Each raindrop seemed like a needle falling from the sky, piercing our naked bodies. So then we ran back to where our stuff was kept on the beach. The wind was damn cold and it hit us like an icy blanket - we hid behind a closed vending stall and after we had dried up...we ran back into the waves...

But then it statred raining needles again so me and Amon decided to go and hide behind the vending stall again. I broke into a run 'cuz i couldn't take the needles anymore...as I was nearing the shore, some rock or something cut my toe real badly and it was only when I went and sat next to khalu did i notice the damage the fucking splinter had done. I started bleeding real badly and khalu tied his vest to my toe...the vest turned red and even though the knot was real tight, it wouldnt stop the bleeding, though it did slow it down...

Osama was a real asshole with his smart comments and his constant requests to go back in the water...it was very inconsiderate of him...Anyway...the clouds parted soon and even though the sun didn't come out, I was kinda happy as the bleeding had stopped...

Me and khalu left everyone else on the beach to get my wound dressed up and he was real sweet and kind dressing up my wound with that he bought from the chemist shop as the doctor's clinic was closed...

When we came back, I felt a bit more relaxed thinking the wounds will heal...Osama and Amon went back into the sea while me, Khalu, Amaan and Uzair sat on the beach looking at them getting wet and having fun...I got to thinking of all the things that lie so close to me in my own life but still, they are so out of reach due to some ''disability'' in me...it was a very ''epiphany'' sort of a moment...

Osama and Amon came back sooner than I expected and we all went to Santacruz in an auto where we hogged Plain Dosa and Pav Bhaji...khalu's treat...then we went back home from a nearby bus stop, taking a Kurla bus...even though the blood still came out from my wound and made my floater turn red, I somehow managed to reach home without much damage...

I'll be going to the doctor's clinic tomorrow...he'll give me a tetnus shot on my cheek (the ''other'' cheek!!) and will re-dress my toe...hope I am able to sleep peacefully today...today's the ''sleep on the floor'' day for me...you see, there are only two beds in the house and since one bed is taken by Nani, me and Amon sleep on the other one on alternate days...I guess this is ''roughing it'' in Bombay, but I can take it for 14 more days...

My dreams are getting really weird...I dreamt (2 days ago) that I'd gone on a date with Saryu...she was looking pretty in a red t-shirt and we were in some neighbourhood jumping over puddles of water and mud...it seemed a lot like Kurla only...we were also talking about something that I can't seem to remember now...oh well, it doesn't matter anyway...

-3rd June,Saturday,10:53pm (2oo6)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»