Tuesday 19 September 2006

Man With Rain In His Shoes


There's a woman I love. One day I thought I'd tell her how I feel...but, being the bumbling fool that I am...I couldn't. So I walked in the rain from my school till my house...which is something like 7km...and I had this fear of lightening...atleast i was glad I finally, once and for all, got over that fear...even though that girl said no to me...but that journey taught me many things...this one's about that...

Walking in the rain, you say,
You tell me you rather be alone,
You want to make it on your own.
I respect the change in you because,
You're already gone.

Like the sun refuses to shine,
And I can't avoid the light,
Prison chains chain my mind.

Oh mama, sometimes life's a sad song.
And we all do what we must,
And it goes on...
Hey mama, I said - sometimes life's a sad song,
And I do what I can,
To sing along...

Outside the rain falls,
Dark, heavy and slow
And I find the reason in the clouds,
One day, I too, must go...

Down in the playground of youth,
Children play and refuse to grow old.
It's sad how life forgets,
The dreams that their hands hold...

Hey mama, don't the young grow old...?
When does the times come?
Tell me, do I have to go?
Oh mama, don't the time just fly by...?
Leaving us with nothing to hold on to...

Will you be there?
When I come crawling home...?
And can you hear me now?
Because I'm singing.

Oh mama, I'm singing.

I always thought i knew her...always thought I could tell what she feels...but when i reached my home I knew for sure that the journey is way more important than the end...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

its awesum!!!

Anonymous said...

its soo genuinly amazin hw u put feelins evry1 feels in2 wrds evry1 knos in such a beautiful way so uniquely urs.btw,dt previous anonomous ws me..