Friday 29 September 2006

Beautiful


I wish you weren't so beautiful in my eyes
Wish I could tell you my sweet little lies
Wish you would stop singing me these lullabies
I can't sleep with eyes open wide.
Fallen angel, I've laid a path for you.
I'm hoping you would learn a trick or two
Still the same flesh and bone
You're telling me you don't know if I have you.
You've always been the reason why
The scars you gave me were always worthwhile
And if I don't measure up to who you want me to be
I'll grow some wings, pretend to fly.
Someone dies and someone heals.
Some pray while others steal.
Some may rise and some may kneel,
You're alive the day you start to feel.
I'm in the night that fills your sky.
I'm in the dreams that made you fly.
I'm in the tear that fell from your eye.
Still wait for you, across the divide.
I wish you weren't so beautiful in my eyes
Wish I could question all the reasons why
Wish I didn't fall, wish I could rise
Come out from the shadows,
Aren't you weary of the hide?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not hiding...I'm prottecting myself from pain...But it's not working...