Tuesday 22 January 2008

Surrender


Down this line for the final time,
On the roads where we were mislead.
Where I can sing with words that rhyme,
Where angels fear to tread.


The days are getting colder with you not around,
And I’m tied to these promises, chained to the ground.
Are you without wings, an angel falling down?
Or are you just a message in a bottle, waiting to be found?


The night collides with the light,
And thus the stars are born.
I’ll never forsake the story I’m in,
Where words spin anew like a song.


I handed you this dirty string,
And you spun it around like a thread.
Twisting and turning closer everyday,
Till we knew the secrets in our head.


These foggy nights with a prick of a rose,
Miss your songs and dirty whispers.
I’m walking backwards into my dreams,
Open your arms and I’ll surrender…

(photo by Priyani)

No comments: